Friday, January 29, 2016

to a healthy 2016

We started 2016 off with colds, coughs, and the like all around.  Matt was the last to catch it and is finally just now getting over it.  Yuck.  I hate being sick and I hate seeing my people sick.  I am working really hard to keep us as healthy as possible for the rest of the year.  
 
 My mom gave us an essential oil diffuser for Christmas and it is my first go to when we start feeling bad.  I diffused Thieves and RC in my bedroom for a couple nights when I first got sick and I'm pretty sure it helped me to kick my nasty cough much quicker than I would have on my own.  I love the diffuser for everyday use as well just to make our house smell good. 
 Like I mentioned on Wednesday, I've been reaching for grapefruits quite a bit lately.  That extra boost of vitamin C every morning makes me feel like I can fight off those nasty germs a little better.

 More fruits and veggies - always a good way to eat but I truly feel better when I really make an effort to add more fresh stuff into my diet.  We picked up some delicious pink lady apples at the farmers market a couple weeks ago.


 We are also going back to our old staple - smoothies.  Particularly the green variety.  I am trying to convince Matt that THIS Ninja Professional Blender would make it so much easier to make daily smoothies a reality but he's not buying it.

And, if we do end up catching another cold or two this year, my plan to get us back to health is soup, soup, soup.  My awesome mom also gave us a dutch oven for Christmas and I love using it!  It is the perfect addition to our kitchen and my go-to pot for hearty, warm soups on cold nights.
Do you have any tips for staying healthy during cold and flu season?

No comments:

Post a Comment