Monday, November 30, 2015

wooly winter

Happy Monday! WeThree sincerely hope you had a Thanksgiving holiday filled with your favorite people and good food and counted blessings. Truly, we are rich in blessings, aren't we? I'm feeling so fortunate and am glad to know that all I have is all I really need. Perhaps if you look around, you'll realize that that is true for you as well. 

After two family celebrations and an outing with cousins to the movies, our family headed to a local Christmas tree farm to pick out our Christmas trees. This year, we learned from our mistakes and put the trees in the back of the car instead of on top so there was no chance of them falling off. We got them home and up and decorated and also put out our Christmas decorations. With the Christmas music in the background and a warm fire burning and a few candes lit around the room, it was a great way to spend the afternoon. This year has really flown by so I wasn't feeling completely ready for the holidays, but getting the tree up always helps. Now we just need some cold weather to go with it. When we were picking out a tree, there were people walking around in shorts! 

This year, I'm especially looking forward to the cold now that I've finally made progress in my knitted wardrobe. Ever since I started feeling better back in September, I've been knitting in every bit of my spare time. I've made a shawl, a hat, and three cowls and have also made significant progress on a blanket I've been working on for a few years now. 



That photo above includes three of my recent projects and three from last year. I've already given away one of the cowls I made this year and am working on a couple others for gifts. And although I had planned to keep the shawl and newest cowl for myself, I love love love giving my projects away and may end up boxing them up for gifts. 



I know for sure that I'll be keeping these three for myself. I made the honey comb cowl (a FREE pattern on Ravelry) and fingerless gloves last year and love them. After searching forever for the perfect hat pattern, I found it in the Romantique pattern (also from Ravelry). I splurged on the most amazingly squishy yarn that made the hat so soft and warm. I can't wait to wear it all winter. It was my first experience with cables (so fun and easier than I thought!) but it won't be my last. Hoping to make a few more of these for gifts this month. Such a fun and quick little project. I've loved working on these and am looking forward to finishing a few more in the next few weeks.

With December starting tomorrow, I've been thinking hard about my personal theme for the month. I have a few ideas but nothing has stuck yet. Guess I've still got a few more hours to figure it out! The past few years, I've used Be Prepared, Don't Rush, and Be Quiet. Hopefully I'll have my 2015 choice ready by tomorrow. Once I have that nailed down I'll be ready to enjoy a cozy December.




Annabel and I say, "Bring it on." We're ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment