Monday, November 16, 2015

pray for Paris

Although I had a different post planned for today, I feel like WeThree need to stop and acknowledge all those that are hurting in France after the events of the weekend. I don't know how you feel about it or what you think should be done about it, and at this point, I'm not even sure what I think. But I do know for certain that I'll be praying for the people affected by this tragedy and although it's hard, I'll also pray for the people who caused it. 

Sadly, these days it's so easy to look around at our world and find violence and pain and hatred and terror. And if I think about those things for too long, fear and uncertainty and anxiety take over and I find myself imagining the possibility of even more violence. But I can't do that anymore. Instead of focusing on ugly, I choose to focus on beauty. Because I bet that for every story of violence and hatred that happened over the weekend, there are an equal amount of stories of people helping people. People who stepped up to lend a hand, people who made sacrifices for the good of others, people who put their own needs aside to help someone else. And that's beautiful, even if the circumstances surrounding those actions are the worst kind of ugly. 

So I'll pray for Paris. And I'll pray for the people who are responsible. And I'll pray for peace. And I hope you will, too.




flag 

No comments:

Post a Comment