Wednesday, August 19, 2015

fantastic four

We celebrated Annabel's 4th Birthday yesterday which prompted me to have the same thought that I have on each of the kid's birthday's every single year:  Where did the time go?! I mean, yes I know where it went, but good grief, how is my baby - my last baby - four years old? She's such a character. Funny, charming, sweet, sassy. She definitely gives me a run for my money but the crazy (and scary?) thing is she's a lot like me...even though she looks just like Will. All that stubborn that I gave my parents as a kid is coming back to me. But even on the days when she tests every ounce of patience that I have in my entire body, she's still my most favorite girl in the entire world and I'm so glad she's ours. 

I've learned a lot from parenting Tommy for the last eight years, so while Annabel might have it a little easier and decidedly less helicopter-y, there are quite a few differences between girls and boys so in a way, she's blazing a path of her own. And while she's much more of a girl than I am, what with her nail polish and her princess dresses and her hair bows and her fancy shoes, she's still plenty tomboy, too. It's such a fun combination and I'm learning so much about all the things I passed up when I was a kid. Makes me feel like a kid all over again. So far I've still kept her away from Barbies - my least favorite "girl" toy - but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before I'm playing with them. But if I get to do it with her then I'm willing to give it a try.

She's learned so much this past year and come a long way in being more independent away from me. She's learning to swim, she wants to ride my skateboard on her own (as long as I'm just a hand-grab away), she writes her name and a few other words, she loves to color, she loves noodles and anything sweet, she loves fancy dresses and twirling. Love that girl and her broad array of interests. 

Her birthday gifts this year are a perfect illustration of her wide range of likes. She asked for "a pink and purple bike and a grill." .......Huh? A grill? Yes, she wanted a grill. Thank you, Mimi and Pa, for giving her a grill! She loves cooking up some hot dogs and hamburgers in her new Cinderella dress :)









Trouble champs!

 This beautiful, beautiful baby sure has turned into a gorgeous girl. Love these two photos of her. She's changed a lot, but I still see that tiny baby when I look at her today.


Happy Birthday to our sweet 4-year-old! We love you Annabel Taylor!

No comments:

Post a Comment