Monday, November 3, 2014

slowing down

So this happened the other day:

 I love my Taproot calendar by Phoebe Wahl! Can't wait to get my 2015 calendar!

I ask you, how in the world did October pass by so quickly?! I feel like I changed the calendar to October...blinked...and then changed it to November. Time is playing tricks on me again.

But no matter. I love November.

I love the fading light. I love the sunsets. I love the crisp temperatures. I love the sound of crunching leaves. I love Thanksgiving. I love it all. With the start of daylight savings time and the ever-darkening evening hours, I find myself looking forward to cooler temperatures and sweaters and soup and knitting and thick socks and cozy fires and tea with honey and puzzles and lots and lots of reading. November makes me want to cook with cinnamon and nutmeg. It makes me want to knit warm blankets and mittens and hats. It makes me want to make a giant vat of ginger orange tea. It makes me want to eat chicken and dumplings for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

It hasn't always been this way. I used to dread the darkness and the cold. (If you're feeling like you need a little pick-me-up, you can read about what changed my mind here.) But with the first chilly days and clear blue skies and beautiful sunsets behind us, I'm only looking forward to what is to come.





Happy November, my friends!  Hope you can slow down and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment