Wednesday, October 15, 2014

a fall date

A few months ago Robert and I were laying around watching TV, and a movie preview came on that had me totally and completely transfixed. And while I'd love to say it was something slightly more, er- age appropriate, it was actually the trailer for The Boxtrolls, an animated film about an orphaned boy (referred to as Eggs) being raised by supposedly-vicious trolls who wear boxes and sneak out at night to collect trinkets from human garbage. I have always been a fan of small, cute, slightly strange creatures (just ask my mom about my past obsession with teeny trolls), so this movie seemed right up my alley.


On the whole, Rob and I are pretty good about sharing in each others interests, but for this particular occasion (small, cute & slightly strange), the activity was a bit better suited for Brig. Since I've moved out of our house, and we obviously see a little bit less of each other, we decided to round the evening out with a fall dinner at Panera. I think I'll be calling her Lord Portly Rind for the next few months. Below are a few photos of our evening, if you'd like to see!

[autumn squash soup, multi-grain roll & pumpkin cookie from Panera]

[seriously, this soup is so-so-so good. if you haven't tried it and you're a fan of butternut squash, you really need to find the nearest Panera, stat.]

[and I think this guy speaks for himself]

[all smiles]

[all smiles]

[pure troll]

[pure troll]

Check the movie out if you have a chance! And read more about it here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment