Tuesday, September 23, 2014

weekly menu

Do you write out and follow a menu every week?  I have become a list maker and as life becomes busier, I feel the need to make lists for just about every occasion.  I have always made a weekly menu and grocery list to go along with it.  Although I don't typically follow the menu exactly, it always helps to have an idea of what I want to make each week.  Recently, though, our evenings during the week have gotten so crazy that I needed to revamp my process.  Matt is a busy guy (I can't thank him enough for all that he does for us) and with my early mornings, the evenings I am home by myself get long and exhausting and one thing I hate is to be a crazy person as I'm trying to wind down and get ready for the next day.  All of this to say, I started making a better menu - one that utilizes the same ingredients in different ways throughout the week and also one that includes all of our meals and snacks.  This way I can prep a bunch of stuff early on in the week so when those tough nights come later I am totally ready for them!
  
This week I made green smoothies and mini banana/peanut butter muffins for quick, easy and healthy breakfasts!
Last week I tried putting all of my smoothie ingredients in freezer bags, sticking the bags in the freezer and then blending it later.  It didn't work for me at all.  This week, I blended all my ingredients into a smoothie, put them in freezer bags and will stick them in the fridge the night before so they are thawed by morning.  We'll see if this method works any better. 

Also on our menu this week:
Mini Chicken and Broccoli Pot Pies  
Traditional Friday night pizza
Pumpkin Apple Muffins 
The perfect chili for watching football on Sunday afternoons

No comments:

Post a Comment