Tuesday, September 9, 2014

sunday football

We are pretty big football fans in our house and so we were all very happy when the first Sunday of football rolled around this past weekend.  Matt and I have spent many Sunday afternoons and evenings sitting on our couch watching games together and it has just gotten even more fun now that Sommer joins us.  We taught her the Eagles fight song this week and it was pretty cute!


Several years ago, a woman that I worked with told me of her family's weekly tradition during football season.  She would make a big batch of chili for game day each week and then have the leftovers to eat all week long.  Well, I decided that we needed to adopt this tradition and make it our own this year.  



You can find the recipe at Two Peas and Their Pod, here.  It is really simple and quick to come together and it all goes right in the crock pot which is a huge plus.   I was able to get everything ready and in the crock pot before we left for church on Sunday and by the time 1pm rolled around our chili was perfect.  We added a big slice of cornbread on the side for the perfect late lunch.  The only thing I will do differently this week is to chop everything up the night before so all I have to do is brown the turkey and throw everything together! 


Do you have any special football season traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment