Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Two Things

I recently discovered two things that make me very happy.

1)  Coconut Oil

I have continually come across something regarding coconut oil on social media over the past several months and one week about a month ago I decided to take the plunge and buy myself a jar.  It is pricey but worth it in my opinion because it lasts a while and you can use it on your face, hair, in the kitchen, with essential oils...among other things I'm sure.  I used it on my sad, sensitive skin and it is finally starting to get back to normal.

2) A Running Group

Those people who support your through the miles whether 2 or 26.2.  The ones who push you to keep going when you think you can't possibly take one more step.  The ones who meet you in the rain or sun; the blazing hot or the freezing cold.  

I have wanted to be a strong runner for quite a while now and have struggled time and time again to push myself to greater speeds and distances.  I am by no means a strong runner yet but I joined a running group about a month ago and it has changed my view on what being a runner is as well as how I feel about running.  The group that I joined are people from all walks of life who meet up over one common denominator -- running.   I know I haven't experienced the best parts of being on a running team yet but I hope I do.  One of the greatest things I have experienced in the short time I have been a part of this group is the support.  Not just support for me and the runs that I do but support of something bigger.  The team I joined does monthly challenges to raise money for the American Cancer Society.  We run dedication runs for those fighting cancer.  We collect canned goods to donate to local food pantries.  Seeing what this team has done and continues to do has amazed and inspired me and I am so proud to be a part of it!  Here's a blog post about the team if you'd like to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment