Thursday, April 10, 2014

Little Italy

On Friday evenings, I tend to be a creature of habit. All day I look forward to 5 PM when I can go home, meet my roommate, get ready and go out for some sangria and tapas at our favorite local restaurant & bar. Brig and I have been going to Andalusia religiously for months now, and while I never seem to tire of their delicious food and drinks (patatas bravas, anyone?), every now and then you need to switch things up. So, last Friday we made reservations at Piatto, a local Italian eatery that I've somehow never been to. I am not super wild about Italian food, but I had eaten salad for dinner several nights in a row last week and a huge bowl of carbs sounded pretty appealing. It was a fun change-up to typical Friday night routine, and it even ended earlier than usual, with me climbing into bed with a Harry Potter book at 9:15. I'd call it a pretty fantastic evening. ;)

[portraits + bellini]

[panzanella]

[lobster ravioli]

[spaghetti con vongole]

As far as food recommendations go, I would definitely order the bellini (it was perfect & not overly sweet), the panzanella (basically bread salad, in case you're not familiar) & the spaghetti vongole (spaghetti with clams, white wine, etc.) again. The atmosphere is great and as an added bonus, now that it's finally starting to feel tepidly like spring, you can sit outside on the patio with lovely Pomfret street as your background noise. If you're from the Carlisle area, be sure to check Piatto (& Andalusia) out!

[select photographs by Brigid!]

No comments:

Post a Comment