Tuesday, April 15, 2014

how does my garden grow: inspiration

I am very excited to start a little series to document how my garden grows through the spring and summer this year!  I have never been able to have my own garden due to lack of sunlight on our previous property.  Now that we finally live in a place where our back patio gets abundant sunshine for most of the day we can grow our very own veggies!  I am a little nervous about how it will all turn out but I hope my green thumb shows up. 

Although there is a ton of garden inspiration on the internet, mine will always come first from my mom and dad.  Their garden (and back yard in general) is one of my absolute favorite places.  My parents have put so much time and energy into making their yard a beautiful and fruitful place and I hope to one day have a place like that of my own. 

I especially love to be there on a summer evening when everything is blooming and the firefly's are out.

At the end of last summer and through most of the fall we spent lots of time in my parents backyard, playing, picking, eating and enjoying their little oasis.
they even have this ridiculously heavy pig out by their garden...who wouldn't love that?!
my mom always encourages her grand-kids to water, pick & eat from the garden.  I love her for doing that.
Sommer was picking tomatoes and eating them right off the vine
 Where do you get your garden inspiration?

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful garden! I'm sure yours will go well and you will enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete