Monday, October 7, 2013

back to the kitchen

Last night I counted it up:  in our nine year marriage, we've moved seven times.  Seven.  For real, after we move into our new house, I never, ever want to move again.  This move was incredibly stressful for all four of us and just now, I'm finally feeling like we can get things back to 'normal'...or as close to normal as you can get when you're living in a house that's not yours and waiting for your new home to be built.  

The best way I know how to get back on track is to get back in the kitchen.  It's difficult to eat in a kitchen that's mostly packed up, so we ended up eating quite a few meals out the last week we were in our house and also this past week when we were settling in here at our temporary home.  Starting tonight, I'm getting back in the kitchen to make us some healthy meals so we can sit at the table and eat together as a family.

Image

Here's my meal plan for the next two weeks:

Monday:  Kale, Sausage, and White Bean Stew
Tuesday:  Spinach and Cheese Quiche
Wednesday:  Dinner at Church
Thursday:  Pasta with Ricotta and Peas
Friday:  Pork Chops, Hashbrown Casserole, Green Beans
Saturday:  Leftovers/Oatmeal
Sunday: Chicken Pot Pie
Monday:  Italian Wedding Soup
Tuesday:  Scrambled eggs and bacon
Wednesday:  Dinner at Church
Thursday:  Stromboli
Friday:  Spaghetti with meat sauce
Saturday:  Leftovers/Oatmeal
Sunday: Emily's Meat Loaf (from Dinner A Love Story)

Fall is my favorite time to cook because the evenings are cool and the food is warm and comforting.  Care to join me in the kitchen?  Check out those recipes that I linked in the list above and pick your favorite.  Then stay tuned for a giveaway that I'll be announcing this Thursday!  Until then, happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment