Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Small Business Saturday

Good morning!  I hope your week is off to a great start.  We enjoyed an extra day off with Matt yesterday because in PA schools are closed for the first day of hunting season.  I always loved that when I was in school and now I love it because Matt works in a school!
Did you take advantage of Small Business Saturday this past weekend?  This is the first year that I have gone out shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Ever since I graduated from college, I have had to work on Black Friday and then have always gone to pick out my Christmas tree on Saturday.  This year, however, since we were in Carlisle for Thanksgiving and live 2 hours away, we couldn’t get our tree on Saturday.  And, since my sisters were in town, it was the perfect day to do a little shopping at the local places in the town where we grew up.

We started off at a little place called K. Marie which offers a wide variety of cute baby clothes, jewelry, bags and purses, and lotions and candles.  I have wanted to check out this little shop since last year and just never found the time to stop in.  They had some really cute Christmas clothes for babies which I may have to go back for in the future.  Chelsey got some lovely smelling lotion and a matching candle.  

We then walked down the street a little ways to the local bakery.  It was freezing on Saturday so we enjoyed a nice hot coffee, a cream puff and an éclair!  After all the delicious food I indulged in over the past 6 days, I need to start running 6 miles a day!  It was such a nice treat though and I love spending time drinking coffee with my sisters. 

Lastly, we went to the Yarn Garden to pick up some yarn and needles for a blanket that I decided to make for Sommer.  (Do you remember the last one that I started?  Well, I changed my mind…)  I picked up some pretty grey yarn and will be adding a sheet to the back so it is nice and cozy.  I found the pattern on Pinterest.  You can follow me here if you'd like! 

I think we would have checked out the many other shops in downtown Carlisle but we were in a little bit of a time crunch.  I hope to continue to support local business throughout the holiday season.  What shops will you be supporting this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment